The Schengen visa application cover letter is an important document you need to complete and include with your Schengen visa application form.
It is a letter addressed to the consulate where you are applying for the visa, which gives all the information about you and your family members.
This letter can be written in the first person or third person and needs to include details about your personal and professional life, your intentions to visit the Schengen zone, and more.
How to Write a Successful Schengen Visa Application Cover Letter
What Is The Schengen Visa Cover Letter?
A Schengen visa cover letter is a letter that accompanies a Schengen visa application—sent to the Embassy or Consulate where the applicant will apply for their visa.
The letter should include:
- Information about the applicant and their family.
The applicant’s trip.
- Any other relevant information about their reason for traveling.
The letter should include:
- Information about the applicant and their family: Name, address, occupation, nationality
- Information about the purpose of travel: Purpose of travel (holiday/business), length of stay in Schengen countries
- Information about the trip: Flight details (date and time), accommodation details (name and address)
What Are The Types Of Cover Letters?
There are two types of Schengen visa cover letters:
- The short letter, which an employer or educational institution typically write
- The long letter, which the applicant typically writes.
You should always include relevant information when booking a trip. For example, if you’re going to the US for the holidays, you might consist of the following: “I will be traveling to the US.”
The Schengen visa cover letter should include information such as the visit’s purpose, the stay’s duration, and other details about your trip. It should also have a section for relevant contact information and proof of finances.
Writing a Good Schengen Visa Application Cover Letter – How To Make One For Yourself?
Cover letters are a great way to introduce yourself and make them want to read the rest of your application.
A cover letter is also an excellent way to show that you have taken the time and effort to tailor your application specifically for the visa you are applying for.
What Is A Sponsorship Letter?
The sponsor of your trip must write a letter of sponsorship for you and how he will fund your trip.
Students who do not have funds must earn them to go on a trip abroad.
A travel insurance policy is an important document that proves you’ll have enough money to cover your expenses during your stay.
A sponsorship letter includes accommodations, transport, and food, to name a few.
Note: This should not be confused with an invitation letter. Here is a sample Schengen Visa sponsorship letter you can use for sponsorships.
What Should Sponsorship Letter Includes?
The sponsorship letter should have details of both the applicant and their sponsor. Here are some things that description can include:
- Your details
- Your trip details
- The duration of your trip
- Your sponsor’s details
- What expenses will be paid by the sponsor
Your sponsor will also need to submit copies of the following required documents: Copies of their passport/ID.
- Proof of financial stability shown in bank statements or payslips.
- A travel itinerary or booking a trip
- Booking a hotel is where you will be
- Please attach detail of your return flight itinerary.
A Schengen visa cover letter consists of:
- What will you do when you visit the Schengen area?
- Which funds will finance the planned trip (own or sponsor)?
- If you have a sponsor, describe your relationship with them, what you will do to help fulfill their sponsorship commitment, and why they are sponsoring your trip.
- Are you planning on moving back to your home country? You may also consider submitting a letter of intent explaining your roots.
It is essential to write a cover letter to communicate with the embassy officer that will/is going to process your visa application.
Schengen visa application should also use a cover letter to start a dialogue with the embassy/consulate. The Schengen visa application cover letter will help them know your motivation, which they may not learn from the application form alone.
Especially now that many of the Embassies use the VFS services to collect documents and deliver the applicant’s passport, applicants do not even get to speak with visa officers or explain any other details.
To save time & effort, the visa officers, will want to see your documents when they grant you a visa. So it’s highly suggested that you write a cover letter with all the details of your visa application so they can decide within seconds.
Consequently, it’s worth spending time writing a good cover letter even though it is not on the list of mandatory documents!
The letter should state the purpose of the travel, for example: “Business, Travel for Medical Reasons,” or “Family Visit.”
Schengen Visa Application Cover Letter Sample for a Tourist Visa Application
Find the complete cover letter template for a tourist visa letter to use for reference.
March 03, 2022
EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY
No. 6/50G Shanti Path,
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021
Subject: Anjali XXXXXXX, Indian Passport No: XXXXXX, Schengen Visa for Visit Friend/Family
We are planning on traveling to Germany from 02-06-2022 – to 28-06-2022
I want to visit Germany because of my friends who live there. I’m looking forward to discovering the
country, seeing famous sights, tasting delicious food, and learning about the culture.
I plan to stay in Europe for my graduation and visit the Netherlands and France for a short trip.
I have been working at my current employer since April 2014. I have already notified my boss that I will take time off from work while I am on this trip overseas.
Please, find the following documents to support my visa application:
- Attached, please find the duly dated, signed, and passport-size pictures for your visa application. Please let me know if there are any other documents you would like to include with the application.
- Travel insurance covers the unexpected, including medical expenses, personal liability, and stolen items. Coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- flight ticket reservation from LH for New Delhi – Frankfurt – New Delhi [June 2- June 28, 2022]
You can find various hotels in the Netherlands and France for our upcoming holidays.
- I am returning to work on June 28, 2022
- June 2, 2022 – Flight from New Delhi to Frankfurt via LH-761
- June 7, 202 – Sightseeing in Germany
- June 10, 202 – Travel from Frankfurt to Amsterdam Schiphol; Arrive in Amsterdam and stay at Hotel
- June 11, 202 – Sightseeing in the Netherlands
- June 14, 202 – Travel from Amsterdam Schiphol to Paris Gard du Nord and stay at Hotel
- June 15, 2022 – Sacré Coeur – the famous “Montmartre” hilltop chapel.
- June 20, 202 – Flight from Paris to Frankfurt with Air France
- June 28, 2022 – Flight back to New Delhi from Frankfurt
Thank you for your time, and I am glad the information included is helpful. If ever anything is unclear or needs additional clarification, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me anytime.
Thank you in advance for a possible reply to my application.
Schengen Visa Application Letter Sample for Medical Visa Application
When submitting a cover letter for medical purposes to the Embassy, please follow these simple guidelines:
- The diagnosis must be specific.
- The prescribed medical treatment should be appropriately named and described in detail by a licensed health care provider.
- A provider will state a specific length for their treatment. A lifetime or indefinite length of therapy won’t be approved.
Find a personal template or sample of a Schengen visa cover letter with details below:
Name of Referring Hospital Address and Phone Number
I am writing on behalf of my patient (patient name here) to document their need for (medication/treatment/equipment in question) for the treatment of (the exact diagnosis).
Please find below a note about the medical history of your relative. This patient was diagnosed with cancer three months ago, and their medical treatment started recently.
Patient’s Diagnosis and History:
This patient is a 55-year-old female admitted to the hospital from home in September due to advanced-stage Alzheimer’s with moderate to severe dementia.
(Provide an overview of what has happened in the previous treatments, and include information on how the medication/treatment/equipment in question) will benefit your patient.
You need to take this medication for (length of time)
The [medication/treatment/equipment in question] is medically necessary for this patient’s medical condition or improvement of the patient’s health.”
A note about psychiatric medications: for this list, “psychiatric medication” refers to any medication prescribed for psychiatric conditions such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or depression. Medication is medically necessary if it is an essential part of standard treatment for a patient diagnosed with one of these conditions, such as diabetes or ADHD.
Thank you for being so interested in this (medication/treatment/equipment in question).
hould further information be required, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.
(Name and signature of a physician)
Your licensed provider must complete,
date and sign the letter.